isayel point of view...
- Robin Chase (Transportation innovator. She is co-founder and former CEO of Zipcar (the largest carsharing company in the world) and GoLoco (the first company to combine ridesharing, social networks, and easy payment):"Distributed systems are the next big thing, and they really mean collaborative."
<shtml hash="cfa4bc56755105be93f0d51499927279"><object width="471 " height="300"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/> <param name="movie" value="http://www.fundacionbankinter.org/swf/flvplayer.swf?video_path=http://www.fundacionbankinter.org/videos/350/original/ROBIN_CHASE__What_is_fastest_path_to_the_IoT.flv&placeholder=http://www.fundacionbankinter.org/system/documents/8021/video_big/Robin_Chase.jpg&fullscreen=undefined&aspect_ratio=1.77777777777778"/> <embed src="http://www.fundacionbankinter.org/swf/flvplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="471" height="300" flashvars="video_path=http://www.fundacionbankinter.org/videos/350/original/ROBIN_CHASE__What_is_fastest_path_to_the_IoT.flv&placeholder=http://www.fundacionbankinter.org/system/documents/8021/video_big/Robin_Chase.jpg&fullscreen=undefined&aspect_ratio=1.77777777777778" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="flvplayer"/> </object> </shtml>
Publishing versus Contributing
Nowadays if you had to make a report, it means:
- mobile book authoring
How can we complish these tasks introducing as well social collaboration (increasing the added value of the work)?
- According to Michael Ashley (Founder & Chief Technology Officer at FastPencil, Inc.):
- "...The cell phone is no longer just for chatting...Mobile apps give you more freedom and faster access to your content, no matter where you are..."
- "...new mobile technology and netbooks will make it even easier to read, write and work together in a more meaningful way..."
- "...No longer will you have to nurture your idea,...,search endlessly for old notebooks or disparate files lost on an old computer. You will be connected to your content and your collaborators through your SaaS, you'll have immediate access to your notes and chapters through your mobile apps, and you'll publish with just a few clicks..."
- According to Harold Jarche in http://www.jarche.com/2011/04/technologies-for-collaboration-and-cooperation/ - 2011.04.14
- "Open networking environments lack the tools needed for project work while enterprise collaboration systems lack openness and flexibility. There is an opportunity for platforms like Yammer & Socialcast or Brainpark to bridge the structured with the informal. Three smaller pieces loosely joined seems to be a better approach for collaborative work/learning at this time rather than a unified platform. That may change as collaboration technologies mature but for now any large organization should be looking at all three."
Blogging to connect with customers<shtml hash="e220749d23fe931b0dc99497d0ac1f16"><img style="visibility:hidden;width:0px;height:0px;" border=0 width=0 height=0 src="" />
Twitter to engage with...
Twitter is the killer application to engage with providers, customers, partners, investors...You are immediatly perceived as an approachable social person and certainly that's what you are as you are using Twitter...
Twitter gives you multiple ways to contribute and make others contribute for future benefits:
- Offer solutions through Twitter to those who are struggling with something in your field of expertise.
- Share your ideas internally to your buddys' colleagues
- Focus on what you can offer, avoiding hard-sell tactics (do not forget that Twitter marketing is a task that involves two-way audience engagement).
- Twitter allows you to respond quickly to shut down any impending service or complaint received.
- Share what you’re doing so people learn about the type of work you do.
- Share information that is helpful for potential customers or employers to gain recognition.
- Twitter can help you organize meetups. It’s an informal and effective to get in touch with vendors, suppliers and other people with whom you can form partnerships.
- Link Twitter to your presentation and videos during events to help people's direct attention to your events
- Do not forget > learn from your followers and the Twittersphere, Twitter is really a 2-way contribution tool.
isayel point of view...
Wiki to contribute collectively
What about using Wiki in place of "Jive" or "Sharepoint"?
Wiki (Mediawiki)is opensource and versatile. On a strong collaborative tool (what a better example than Wikipedia for collaboration) you can add all the "plug-in" (extensions) you need.
On top of that you will experience the real power of digital semantic content > see Semantic mediawiki